Sunday, October 21, 2012

Post-Reading Questions Week Seven


Domestic Violence can happen to anyone men or women; also in any kind of relationship heterosexual or homosexual relationship. It was a surprise to me that women can be the abuser towards their husbands I always thought it was the men that was doing the more abusing. This topic was very difficult for me because when I was growing up I’ve seen a lot of domestic violence in my household. Monday’s class Oct. 15th when we were talking about domestic violence I thought I was strong enough to do it and show up on Wednesdays for the speaker but I couldn’t. Even though I didn’t go through it, it felt I did because I saw it and heard it. Being abused isn’t just being hit; the abuser may emotionally, mentally, and verbally be able to abuse you.

Being in a Domestic Violence relationship or marriage or any kind there are Hotlines and programs that can help. Language is a major role in these programs. Those women that speak English have more advantages to those women that speak another language such as Spanish. Women that speak another language than English have more of a disadvantage because most of the Hotline and programs there tellers are English speaking people. In my opinion Hotlines and programs need to change. Our country is very diverse. For example, being in the bay area there are a lot of Asians and most of those Asians families don’t know any English. If these programs are here to help Domestic Violence and help women or men they need people that speak another language than English. If these programs can’t provide people that speak another language than English; How are these programs helping? Women that speak another language they feel like they can seek for help with these programs.

I feel if anyone that is being abused they should seek for help and they should be able to come to these programs and hotlines and trust that they will get help and not get denied or can’t help because they can’t speak English.

My experienced growing up and seeing all the things I’ve seen makes me a stronger person today and help the people that are being abused. One thing that is really hard for those women or men that are being abused they have the density to go back to their relationships and hoping they change but it only changes for a couple of months then the abusing starts back again. One important thing I would tell the person that is being abused is to be strong and not go back because there is so much and bigger things in the world nobody should be downgraded or beaten for any reason.

Word 455

No comments:

Post a Comment