Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pre-Reading Questions Week 13


In my opinion Race and crime is connected because most of minorities’ come from poverty and neighborhoods called the “Ghetto” and cops are always there to monitor the neighborhood. I also feel like race also connects to crime because police officers are focusing on appearance and where there are more crime being committed in. Police officers tend to patrol and focus on high crime town and cities that have high minority population and are low income communities. In my opinion crime can happen everywhere. Crime just doesn’t happen in the ghetto it can happen in towns that are wealthy and are well off. They need to treat every community the same I get that low income can have more crime because its poor but it can happen in communities that have money.

The function of prisons in America is MONEY, POWER, and CONTROL. But I also feel that prisons also keep our country safe putting away those criminals and murders away. But again… I feel that our prison system is over impacted and we pay a lot of tax dollars to these companies. How I see it. And what I’ve heard from my family that prisoners have a lot of freedom. It’s who you know inside and what connections you have. Every time my cousins get released from the system they end up going back because they said its easier in there than out here when they are released.

Prison-Industrial Complex – the “industrial” part means it’s a private prison company and businesses that supplies goods. These businesses and companies can hire in the prison and can pay the prisoners less than they would a person that is not incarcerated.  These private prison industries incarcerated the prisons that committed minor crimes.
words:400

No comments:

Post a Comment